Cave Springs – 1926

“We reached Cave Springs at 6:20 p.m. — 75 miles. This was one of the stopping places of the twenty mule team Borax days, the place where the machines are in was a corral with walls of stone to keep the stock in. An abundance of water is found in the caves in the banks. On the way we stopped at Saratoga Springs a big bubbling pool of hot water in which little black fish lived; Cave Springs.” Circa 1926

About the author

Jim Mattern

Jim is a scapegoat for the NPS, an author, adventurer, photographer, radio personality, guide, and location scout. His interests lie in Native American and cultural sites, ghost towns, mines, and natural wonders in the American Deserts.