Journigan’s Mill was in operation off and on until the late 1970s. It was rebuilt in the 1950s by Art Detloff and Donald A. Dobbins after they purchased a lease to the site in 1953. In 1959 they lost their lease due to failing to pay royalties to the owner, Roy C. Troeger. In September the machinery was purchased by the Argentum Mining Company, dismantled and moved to Columbia Flats, Nevada.
Today the remains of the mill include a couple of water tanks, concrete foundations, machinery pillars, and several cyanide tanks. Journigan’s Mill is being considered for inclusion on the National Register of Historic Places as being of local significance.